Friday, December 2, 2011

Work Holiday Party

Last night was the holiday party for work.  It was great to get dressed up and go enjoy ourselves sans kids.  There are nearly 1,000 employees that work in my office, so the party was huge.  The set up was fantastic with a cocktail/casual lounge set up outside the ballroom.  They had dancing heads green screen (kind of like this) as part of the entertainment in that area, which was so funny to watch.

Inside the ballroom there were multiple stations set up for food:  salad and carving station, sushi station, salt/veggie/bread station, and pasta station.  I took this pic with my phone of the salt station.  I have never seen one and I really have no idea what to do.photo (23)

Of course it was a full open bar with several bars strategically placed around the ballroom.  It felt very much like a club with a live band, dance floor, and lounge couches/pillows/chairs.  There were several tables to either sit or stand at to eat and mingle.

The toughest this year is that I barely know anyone because I just started a few months ago.  Not surprising, but I saw many people introducing themselves to each other and proceeding to ask which half of the couple works for the company.  One of my coworkers said it was so tough for him because everyone looks so different all dressed up.

We had a really great time, although we came home a little early because it had been a long week and day for me and I seem to have picked up the cold from the kids.

(Thanks to my friend who took a picture of us when we dropped the kids off!  Love it!)

ChrisSalinaxmas11_wm

No comments: