Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day 196: Road trip, day 2

Day 2 of the road trip from California to Colorado went as well as day 1.  We got up in the morning at the hotel and Cooper immediately went to the phone again (we always have to unplug he phones so the kids can play with them).DSC_8732

Charlotte was very sleepy and didn’t want to get out of her portable bed.

DSC_8737

We were most impressed with how well the kids napped in the car.  Cooper loved having a pillow, while Charlotte just needed her blankie.DSC_8743 DSC_8746

While driving all I could look at were all the clouds.  I realized how few clouds we got in California and how much I really missed seeing clouds.  (This is somewhwere in Utah.)  DSC_8742

This cloud in particular was super crazy with the uplift.DSC_8749

This was in Grand Junction.  I love all the plateaus.DSC_8754

Sometimes I feel like there are landscapes I see that just don’t seem possible to exist on Earth.  Seems like they are from a different planet.

  DSC_8755

These are some photo of driving in the ‘real’ mountains.  It never ceases to impress me.DSC_8758 DSC_8759 DSC_8761 DSC_8762_edit

Colorado means ‘color red’, and I love seeing how red the dirt is.DSC_8769_edit

Cooper was completely chill while driving.  I think it helped that we had Nemo or Wall-E running non-stop.DSC_8775

I loved how the clouds were reflecting in the mirror.DSC_8781 DSC_8782

This was one of my favorite photos on the trip.  When I was little I was very confused at how clouds could have shadows, and now I love how beautiful the light is in the valley.DSC_8784_edit 
Near the end of the drive the kids seemed to be a little restless.  The toy laptop helped calm Charlotte down, while Cooper just got a little silly.  DSC_8798 DSC_8797 DSC_8803

Cooper attempting to blow his nose with an empty chip bag.DSC_8804  DSC_8805

And this is how well it worked.DSC_8806

And finally seeing home!  It was so exciting to drive in and see the city!  There was even a rainbow to welcome us.DSC_8791DSC_8807

2 comments:

Niffer said...

I'm so happy that you're back! Just the simple words of this post made it so apparent how much you have missed CO. Welcome home!

Ashley Sisk said...

These shots from your road trip are great! I've missed seeing you here and hope to see you more regularly once you settle back in!