Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day 279: Meeting Charlotte’s baby sister

We finally got to introduce Charlotte to her baby sister, Baby L.  We are excited that we will get to be a part of her life and that Charlotte will remain connected to at least one of her birth siblings.  I have to say 2 month olds are very difficult to ‘pose’ and take photos of!   DSC_0105_edit_wm DSC_0135_edit_wm DSC_0149_edit_wmDSC_0155_edit_wm

And Charlotte was a little tired and cranky, so we let her play with a flashlight and attempted to get photos.  This was the only one that really came out since I was still trying to get all my settings right and she kept moving (and Cooper kept trying to stand by Baby L’s head).

DSC_0169_edit_wm2

2 comments:

Tamara said...

That is so touching. I have a niece and nephew that are adopted and have been lucky enough to have relationships with their birth siblings, and I just think it's so wonderful. I know a lot of people don't agree with that, but for our family and works and looks like it will work for your family too.

I do not know the reasons that you decided to adopt Charlotte (I'm not sure if it's something you ever blogged about), but she's very lucky to be a part of your wonderful family that she's clearly meant to be a part of.

Jen said...

What a sweet moment. What a lucky little girl to have found such a great family in you, your DH and Cooper. How lovely that she will get to know one of her siblings as well :)