Saturday, January 30, 2010

Day 30: Sandy Babes at the New Park

There are so many parks in our city and we usually only venture to the 4-5 that are within walking distance.  Now that the kids are getting a little bigger (and easier to manage) I’m starting to take the car to explore new parks in our city.  It would be so much easier to either have a second person to help, or not to have to worry about my diaper bag/purse, my camera, the dog, and two toddlers running in opposite directions.  Despite the craziness, I think we all managed to have fun at this ocean inspired park today.

I love this picture because it shows how well the kids play together.  They really do entertain each other, even if they sometimes get on each other’s nerves.  It also shows Cooper’s preferred lack of shoes, especially when sand is involved, while Charlotte doesn’t mind getting sand all over my car.DSC_0143_edit2

 

I took tons of pictures of Cooper today, but I don’t really love any of them.  I only took a few of Charlotte because all she wanted to do was swing (normal for her) and I find it impossible to focus the camera while she’s swinging.  This one is probably my favorite of Cooper from the day.  I have no idea what he was looking at, but he just looked too cute sitting on the bench.

DSC_0131_edit

This is my favorite of Charlotte because it shows how crazy curly her hair was today.  I am in love with her hair!  (I ran an unsharp mask on this, but you can still tell that her face is out of focus…I think the focus actually fell on her hands.)  DSC_0137_edit

On our way home they had snack in the car.  My camera sort of freaked out when I tried to take one of Charlotte (the light was slightly different on her side) and of course the cutest picture came out really, really dark.  I was able to recover it a bit in Photoshop, but darn for almost missing this moment! DSC_0186_edit DSC_0192_edit

Original DSC_0192

No comments: