I received my first blog award! I want to thank Wendy, from Our Story: Our Journey to Adoption, for awarding me the Beautiful Blogger Award!
Here's how it works if you receive the award:
- Thank the person who gave you the award.
- Post this award to 15 other bloggers that you like to follow. (You can do way less than this, or none at all. This was seriously a lot of blogs.)
- Leave them a message on their blog so they know they received the award.
- Post 7 things about yourself (again, or none at all…your preference).
In no particular order, some of my favorite blogs:
- Stephanie Cooks for giving me tons of delicious recipes that are simple, quick, and easy.
- Life in the Fun Lane for inspiring me to decorate with colors and furnishings that I love
- A Penny Saved for sharing tons of beautiful decorating ideas that look expensive but cost next to nothing.
- Knock Off Wood for being a new favorite on how to save money by building furniture
- Maybe If You Just Relax for making me laugh out loud
- Niffer for reminding me to enjoy motherhood and frequent blog comments to let me know someone is reading and enjoying my blog.
- 525,600 Minutes for the beautiful photos of Jaelyn
- Our Family Unplugged for London’s sassy personality captured in all the great photos
- Pixel 365 for the simplicity and beauty of the photos
- Through the Looking Glass for inspiring me to find an editing style all my own
- threeSIXfive – A Picture a Day from Keiki Photos for the amazing crafts, sewing projects and fantastic photos
- House of Turquoise for inspiring me to see color in a different way
- Stinard Family for the fun blog, beautiful photos, and sweet baby boy with kissable cheeks
- Ramblings and Photos for the inspiration to try new things while editing photos
- No Time For Flash Cards for giving me tons and tons of craft ideas and new songs to share with my toddlers
And 7 things about me:
- I must have a creative outlet. I’ve done scrapbooking, creating artwork for the house, designing wedding invitations and baby announcements, and now photography!
- I am an avid reader and I have an obsession with owning books. I refuse to get rid of books, even if I’ve never read them or if I think they’re terrible. I prefer paying for my books over borrowing them from the library. Although I love my Kindle, nothing compares to the smell of a book.
- I was born and raised in Colorado and still refer to it as home, despite living in Southern California for almost 8 years.
- I love that my family is unique. My children are 4 months apart. My husband and I have untraditional roles with him a stay at home dad and me supervising engineers and geologists at an oil company.
- I have a passion for learning and miss being in school.
- When I grow up I want to be a: teacher, social worker, stay at home mom, high level executive, lawyer, and a business owner.
- Photography has given me a new perspective on being a mom and helped me appreciate all the amazing, wonderful, surprising, fun things my children do, even on the tough days where I’m tired and stressed.