Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First Blog Award

I received my first blog award!  I want to thank Wendy, from Our Story:  Our Journey to Adoption, for  awarding me the Beautiful Blogger Award!

beautifulbloggeraward

Here's how it works if you receive the award:

  1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
  2. Post this award to 15 other bloggers that you like to follow.  (You can do way less than this, or none at all.  This was seriously a lot of blogs.)
  3. Leave them a message on their blog so they know they received the award.
  4. Post 7 things about yourself (again, or none at all…your preference).

In no particular order, some of my favorite blogs:

  1. Stephanie Cooks for giving me tons of delicious recipes that are simple, quick, and easy.
  2. Life in the Fun Lane for inspiring me to decorate with colors and furnishings that I love
  3. A Penny Saved for sharing tons of beautiful decorating ideas that look expensive but cost next to nothing.
  4. Knock Off Wood for being a new favorite on how to save money by building furniture
  5. Maybe If You Just Relax for making me laugh out loud
  6. Niffer for reminding me to enjoy motherhood and frequent blog comments to let me know someone is reading and enjoying my blog.
  7. 525,600 Minutes for the beautiful photos of Jaelyn
  8. Our Family Unplugged for London’s sassy personality captured in all the great photos
  9. Pixel 365 for the simplicity and beauty of the photos
  10.  Through the Looking Glass for inspiring me to find an editing style all my own
  11.  threeSIXfive – A Picture a Day from Keiki Photos for the amazing crafts, sewing projects and fantastic photos
  12.  House of Turquoise for inspiring me to see color in a different way
  13.  Stinard Family for the fun blog, beautiful photos, and sweet baby boy with kissable cheeks
  14. Ramblings and Photos for the inspiration to try new things while editing photos
  15. No Time For Flash Cards for giving me tons and tons of craft ideas and new songs to share with my toddlers

And 7 things about me:

  1. I must have a creative outlet.  I’ve done scrapbooking, creating artwork for the house, designing wedding invitations and baby announcements, and now photography!
  2. I am an avid reader and I have an obsession with owning books.  I refuse to get rid of books, even if I’ve never read them or if I think they’re terrible.  I prefer paying for my books over borrowing them from the library.  Although I love my Kindle, nothing compares to the smell of a book.
  3. I was born and raised in Colorado and still refer to it as home, despite living in Southern California for almost 8 years.
  4. I love that my family is unique.  My children are 4 months apart.  My husband and I have untraditional roles with him a stay at home dad and me supervising engineers and geologists at an oil company.
  5. I have a passion for learning and miss being in school.
  6. When I grow up I want to be a:  teacher, social worker, stay at home mom, high level executive, lawyer, and a business owner.
  7. Photography has given me a new perspective on being a mom and helped me appreciate all the amazing, wonderful, surprising, fun things my children  do, even on the tough days where I’m tired and stressed.

9 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Hey - thanks for your comment!

Stephanie said...

Thank you so much for the award!! That was so kind of you!

Wendy said...

I love #2! I agree - there is nothing like the smell of a book :)

Unplugged said...

Thank you so much. It's nice to know someone other than myself enjoys seeing my photos! Thanks!!

Che said...

Congratulations!! You are a beautiful blogger, well deserved!

Niffer said...

Thanks for the award! I love your blogs too, especially this one.

Erin {House of Turquoise} said...

Thank you so much for passing this award on to me and for your kind comments!

I too miss school...I love to read and learn from books, but it's nothing like being in school. :)

Jen said...

Thanks so much for the award! I'm so happy to know that others are enjoying her pictures!

I love reading too and I am a teacher!

Magda said...

We still consider Colorado home, as well - think we always will, even though we haven't lived there since graduating from Mines! Maybe someday we'll make it back...

And it is so rare to find another engineer who also has a creative side. Usually people are one or the other - I think we are a rare breed!